Creativity may seem elusive, but to me, it's about paying attention. I remind myself of this regularly as I'm always getting bogged down with the minutia of my day to day life. The busier I get the more tunnel vision I have! So I'm always searching for little ways to extract inspiration anywhere I can.
Where I'm finding creative inspiration this spring:
- This class looks amazing. Part of getting bogged down in the minutia of my life means wearing the same jeans, and the same dog-hair-and-mud covered sweatshirt every day. My excuses look like this: "I work from home and nobody but the UPS guy sees me so who cares what I look like?" Or: "I garden and I'm going to get dirty anyway so I might as well wear the same jeans." But I *feel* different when my clothes are more of a reflection of my personality and creativity and I can wear gardening clothes when I garden, exercise clothes when I exercise (like that ever happens!) and artist clothes when I'm an artist.
- Creating the ultimate picnic menu is a serious goal for this summer. Designing a charcuterie board is the embodiment of creative expression in food! Seriously, I'm kind of obsessed with this book right now.
- This article! How Disconnection Boosts Your Creativity
- Changing location. After being in self-imposed hibernation for what seems like ages, I am looking forward to getting a little sun on my face. Just being amongst growing things is inspiring. Want more flower inspiration? I guarantee this site will make you want to dig up your lawn and start growing dahlias.
- Learning some new. Punch needle embroidery has such a meditative quality to it. And it's easy and fast which are two of my main criteria for a new hobby.
- This book.
Where do you find creative inspiration in your daily life? What is inspiring you this spring?